Monday, September 30, 2013

SuperLove

Song: SuperLove
Artist: Charli XCX
Album: SuperLove




I've been touting Charli XCX as the next big thing from when I first heard her, and then when her debut album came out earlier this year.  Her edgy brand of eletcro-pop should be bigger, and as much as I love the biggest song she's written (Icona Pop's smash "I Love It",) it's unfair that Charli's tunes haven't gotten a third of the attention.

Surprisingly, a brand new track, assumed for her new record she confirmed she was writing back in June, has found it's way onto the internet with a video.  "SuperLove" is the breeziest, most effervescent thing she's done yet.  There were rumours that she was going for an "I Love It" with this track, and while it's pure pop, it sounds nothing like the shouty Icona Pop hit.  Which is a very good thing.

This song has been on constant repeat the last few days, rivalled only by Sky Ferreria's "You're Not the One."  Everything is incredible!  The song isn't on Spotify yet, though I've read the track isn't getting an official release until December. (?!?!)

Enjoy.



SuperLove





No comments: