Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Take My Hand

Song: Take My Hand
Artist: Charli XCX
Album: True Romance




I didn't realize it was all the way back in 2011 when I highlighted up and coming Charli XCX, whom at the time had "Nuclear Seasons" and "Stay Away" out.  Her debut album (which is really her second release) True Romance, came out in early April and it's been one of my favorites thus far this year.

I also can't believe that it's been a year since I was rocking out to Icona Pop's "I Love It," and predicting it was going to be the song of the summer.  Well, it still has a chance... it's just going to be this year, not last.  I bring it up as it was co-written by Charli, whom has proved herself to be quite the songwriter.  I liked Icona Pop's record, but Charli's is roughly five times better... so pay attention. ;)

While none have made even close to the impact that "I Love It" is currently enjoying, Charli has burned through five killer singles from True Romance, and is rumored to be serving up "Take My Hand," an album highlight for me, as next single.  Her songs have a dark electro edge, while remaining bubbly and pop-oriented.  She's got quite the ear for melody, and I'm looking forward to watching her grow.

A couple quality demos have recently leaked, as well as a collab with Marina and the Diamonds, coupled with the continued success of "I Love It" made me realize that I need to get y'all to pay a bit more attention to her.  Take some time to check out some of the singles below, or take a listen to the Charli XCX playlist I've put together which basically consists of True Romance and some collabs, inclding "I Love It" and the Marina track, "Just Desserts."

She's good.



Enjoy.

Take My Hand
What I Like
You (Ha Ha Ha)

No comments: