Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Caught By Surprise

Song: Caught By Surprise
Artist: The Postelles
Album: ...And It Shook Me




For those looking for a nice slice of pop-ish rock, I'd like to turn your attention to NYC indie rock band The Postelles, who recently released their sophomore album ...And It Shook Me.  I really liked their debut, self-titled album, that came out in 2010, especially single "White Light," the first track on the record.  The debut was a bit more scrappy, Shook Me comes across as a bit more polished, yet holds onto their sunny charms and sweet melodies.

I still hear them as a less-gritty version of The Strokes, but upon hearing the first bits of Shook Me I immediately simply heard The Postelles, which may hint at their staying power.  Though I don't hear anything quite as catchy as "White Light" here, so I'm a bit unsure where they may go with this.  Regardless, this is an extremely pleasant and warm summery rock 'n' roll record you should totally check out if you're into pleasant and warm summery rock 'n' roll.

Learn more about the band from their official website.

Enjoy.

Caught By Surprise
...And It Shook Me
Running Red Lights

No comments: