Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Rock it for Me

Song: Rock it for Me
Artist: Caravan Palace
Album: Panic





I discovered Caravan Palace, a Partis-based Electroswing/Gypsy Jazz group, late last year from their single "Clash."  It reminded me of Parov Stelar, whom I've highlighted before, and of course the one big Electroswing hit, Yolanda Be Cool's "We No Speak Americano."  I'm not sure how big a genre Electroswing actually is, but I do dig the sound, and Caravan Palace have crafted quite a nice full length album of the stuff in "Panic," their recently released sophomore album.

The band formed in 2005 in Paris and are on the Wagram label.  They released their self-titled debut in 2008 which went to #11 in France, it's highest charting position, thought it also did relatively well in Switzerland and Belgium.  I haven't heard the debut, but have enjoyed "Panic" quite a bit.  It's a moody little cocktail record, check it out.

You can find more about the band on their official website.

Enjoy.

Rock it for Me
Clash
The Dirty Side of the Street

No comments: