Thursday, March 22, 2012

Got to Have Rock and Roll

Song: Got to Have Rock and Roll
Artist: Heartless Bastards
Album: Arrow





I was a big fan of Cincinnati, Ohio-based Heartless Bastards' debut album "Stairs and Elevators back in 2005, and somehow missed they released two follow up records.  I'm only catching up with their brand new "Arrow," just released last month on a new label for the band, Brooklyn's Partisan.  It turns out the only remaining member is chief songwriter and singer Erika Wennerstrom.

One listen to "Arrow" and it's clear despite the lineup shift, this is Wennerstrom's affair.  The punchy-bluesy "Parted Ways" put me right back on the rockin' Heartless Bastards' train.  Her voice is so intense and expressive... the real heart and soul of the band.  I'm currently going crazy for the big 70's riff-age that is "Got to Have Rock and Roll."  Big!

Let me know if you've heard the second and third records and if they're worth getting.  I've really enjoyed "Arrow," check it out.

Enjoy.


Got to Have Rock n Roll (live on Letterman)
Parted Ways

Only for You

No comments: