Monday, June 09, 2014

Crazy Stupid Love - Cheryl Cole

Song: Crazy Stupid Love
Artist: Cheryl Cole
Album: Crazy Stupid Love




It's a dreary, rainy day here in NYC... here's a dumb little pop song to make it a bit brighter.

Cheryl Cole is a singer-performer best known being one of the five reality-contestants-turned popstars of Girls Aloud, a UK phenomenon that I never could get into.  I did however love one of her fellow Girls Aloud mates' Nicola Roberts' debut album.  Cheryl is working on her fourth solo album which is due in November, "Crazy Stupid Love" is the first single feat. Tinie Tempah.

With Jason Derulo's "Talk Dirty," Ariana's "Problem," and now this, the sax is really making a comeback isn't it?  Some say it sounds out of tune in this song, I don't hear it.  The track is light, inoffensive, and respectfully infectious.  (Recommend a bit.)

I can't speak much in terms of Cheryl's single history as I don't know it very well, but I do proffer her last first-from-an-album single, "Call My Name" a Calvin Harris track.  The rest of the album didn't do much for me.

Enjoy.

Crazy Stupid Love

No comments: