Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I Will Never Let You Down - Rita Ora

Song: I Will Never Let You Down
Artist: Rita Ora
Album: I Will Never Let You Down




Big Pop Song alert...

Rita Ora is a British singer-songwriter and actress who released her debut album Ora in 2012.  "I Will Never Let You Down" is the first single from her as-yet untitled sophomore album which is expected sometime this year.  The song is written and produced solely by Calvin Harris, whom Ora is currently dating.

Ora's early singles never really grabbed me, and her success was pretty limited to the U.K. and Europe.  Things may change with this record, which is quite the grower, coupled with a profile-raising role in the Fifty Shades of Grey film adaptation.

The track itself reminds me of Jessie J's "Domino" and the Harris-penned/produced smash for Rihanna; "We Found Love."  Not sure just how big this track will get, but it's a perfectly catchy and summery track that will sound good blaring out of cars in the sun.  I'm a big Calvin fan, but both this and his own recent single "Summer," don't really push things forward all that much.  Does it matter?  Maybe not now... Mr. Harris, as evidence from his last album which spawned no-less than eight successful singles, knows what radio wants right now.



Enjoy.

I Will Never Let You Down
How We Do (Party)
R.I.P.

No comments: