Monday, June 24, 2013

Don't Let Me Die in Florida

Song: Don't Let Me Die in Florida
Artist: Patty Griffin
Album: American Kid




There was a time when I used to listen to A LOT of female singer-songwriters.  I don't really know what happened, but my interest tempered off over time.  Given the time period I should have really gotten into/loved Maine-born Patty Griffin, who has released critically acclaimed, Americana-style folk/rock/country since the mid-90s.  My good friend Dave was a big fan, and sang her praises quite a bit, I never took the bait.

Griffin has just released her seventh album, a tribute to her father entitled American Kid.  Oddly, I heard the track "Ohio" as part of the theater advertising before an advanced screening of World War Z last week and was struck by it so I picked up the album.  It's really beautiful, and perfect for a slightly melancholy, but beautiful summer day.  I'm feeling it.

Check out the upbeat "Don't Let Me Die in Florida" below, and the full album here on Spotify:



Enjoy.

Don't Let Me Die in Florida
Ohio

No comments: