Thursday, March 07, 2013

When You're Dancing

Song: When You're Dancing (feat. Induce)
Artist: Gigamesh
Album: When You're Dancing




First heard of Gigamesh via the insane(ly good) remix of Deee-Lite's "Groove is in the Heart."  I've been listening to a couple of proper singles and really enjoying what I'm hearing, some better than average dance music.

Gigamesh is Matthew Thomas Masurka from Minneapolis  a DJ/Remixer/Producer best known for producing Mike Posner's 2010 single "Cooler Than Me" as well as various remixes by the likes of Foster the People, Two Door Cinema Club, and Ladyhawke to name a few.

He just released a single this year, "Enjoy" which is great, but I'm stuck on "When You're Dancing," which is a bit Disco, a bit 80s, and a lot of amazing.  I see Eddie Murphy getting into hilarious R-rated (hence 80s, not that Nutty Professor-type shit) shenanigans to this.  Madcap.  Hot.

And according to Wikipedia, we share a birthday. :)

I think this guy is really one to watch.  Take a listen to his stuff below via a WeCastPlaylist.  More added as it happens.



Enjoy.

When You're Dancing
Enjoy
All My Life

No comments: