Sunday, January 06, 2013

Best of 2012: Wild Ones

Best of 2012

Song: Wild Ones
Artist: Flo Rida
Album: Wild Ones




I know right?

So... it is absolutely arguable that Flo Rida, and his music, are terrible.  I know I know I know.  And certainly a song in the looooong string of "in da club" songs we've been pummeled with can't possibly be anywhere near the years best right?  Listen, I understand... maybe you're right.

It was with absolute guilty pleasure that I fess'd up when I realized I liked two bloody Flo Rida songs in a row.  And at that point, "Wild One" has sort of alluded me.  I know I'd heard it, but it wasn't really until after "Let it Roll" that I really got to listen, despite loving Sia.  But with a chorus SO empty, why on earth was I finding myself hitting the replay button so often?

Well, the reason is, "Wild Ones" is one of the best pop songs of the year.  It's absolutely mesmerizing and more so because lyrically, it's seemingly totally empty.  And yet, when Sia sings "I want to shut down the club, with yoooouuuuuuu," it comes across like a heart-wrenching confessional of the highest order.  Seriously.

And you know... Flo Rida is actually a pretty skilled rapper.  Have you tried to rap along to him?  It ain't easy.  I've thought about finding a girl to do this karaoke... and yet, there's a good chance I'll make a complete fool of myself.  He's fast.  Really fast.

I understand, reputation at stake and all that.  Whatever... I'm a "Wild Ones."  One of the best songs of 2012.  Incredible intoxicated.

Enjoy.

Wild Ones
Whistle

Good Feeling

No comments: