Monday, September 10, 2012

Madness

Song: Madness
Artist: Muse
Album: The 2nd Law




Muse are getting ready to release their sixth album, "The 2nd Law" at the end of this month.  "Madness," the albums second single has been kicking around a couple weeks... and it's a head-scratcher.

A throbby, woozy, song with some lumbering beats that builds builds builds to a big, over-the-top U2-ish end.  It's got a slick beat that's sort of R&B-ish and a wa-wa sound that's almost Dubstep-y but thankfully isn't.  There's also a Prince-ish guitar solo toward the end.  This song is just so odd.

I can't say this has been on constant repeat, but I do like it.  Just sort of can't wrap my head around it really.  I really liked the band's last record, though I can't say I'm a huge fan of the band.  But this seems like a bit of a departure, and makes me very interested in the album.

Enjoy.

Madness
Survival

No comments: