Friday, May 14, 2010

Warm in the Shadows (Fred Falke Remix)

Song: Warm in the Shadows (Fred Falke Remix)
Artist: Music Go Music
Album: Warm in the Shadows



Fred Falke Remix Week



I saw Calvin Harris do a DJ set here in the city not too long ago and the DJ that played before him pulled out this Music Go Music remix. At the time I didn't realize it was Mr. Falke, but was just so excited that one of my favorite new bands was getting the remix treatment. (I hadn't heard any other remixes up to that point from the band.) In essence, Fred Falke Remix Week was born when I first heard this.

Honestly, "Warm in the Shadows" isn't really Fred's best remix work, but like his U2 remix, I'm really fond when he takes a rock song (or anything not electronic to start) and gives it that Falke treatment. "Shadows" certainly falls into that category, and while I actually don't think it quite measures up to the ABBA-does-Meatloaf epic-ness of the original, it's just something completely different... while still sticking with the song's vocal melodic hook. Very very nice.

If you're interested in seeing what else Fred has remixed, you can see the list here. I still have many that I don't have and haven't heard so more to discover in the future. Even from what I have I had a hard time picking just five this week. (And now you know how good I think that Robyn remix is.) I put some other contenders for the week down below.

Enjoy!

Warm in the Shadows (Fred Falke Remix) - Music go Music


Golden Cage (Fred Falke Remix) - Whitest Boy Alive


Animal (Fred Falke Remix) - Miike Snow

No comments: