Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dancing On My Own (Fred Falke Remix)

Song: Dancing On My Own (Fred Falke Remix)
Artist: Robyn
Album: Dancing On My Own



Fred Falke Remix Week



Wow. So it wasn't supposed to happen like this. Haha.

What I mean, is that I had planned a different song for today, but heard this and changed my mind. Fred's re-work of Robyn's official first single off the three-part "Body Talk" project is nothing short of breathtaking, And this gives me reason to talk about the record, which is great.

"Dancing On My Own" has been on major rotation for me, including a few remixes from Rex the Dog and Chew Fu. It's really lush dance floor bliss and a home run of a first single. But how can you do wrong with a broken heart track? That's pop (and dance floor) gold. ["I Will Survive?"] It makes me realize that Robyn... we've missed you. Since you've been gone.

The Falke remix reminds me of his "Heavy Cross" take by The Gossip. Slow build, but when it explodes... it all comes together. I haven't heard the radio edit, but I think the slow build is so necessary, it helps make the last three-quarters of the track that much better. The chorus of the track is amazing, and Falke really highlights it. I suppose I just can't say enough good things about this remix. Ha!

As an album, "Body Talk Pt. 1" is pretty stellar. My only complaint... is that it's too short. At eight tracks, it's really like a long-ish EP. But fearing not, as parts 2 and 3 are expected throughout the year. It's interesting, as a concept, the assumption is that you'll just be able to take the tracks you really love and make your own specific "Body Talk" to your tastes. Yet I wonder if the good to just-okay track ratio will hold up for the next two editions. If so, it has electro-pop album of the year contention for sure.

So what track got bumped? Well, it was "Watch the Sun Come Up" by Example. I haven't even heard the original, or know anything else by the band, but it's classic Falke. Check it out below.

Enjoy.

Funny, could not find ANY of Robyn's new tracks on YouTube. (?) Well, enjoy some more Fred.

Watch the Sun Come Up (Fred Falke Remix) - Example


Anthonio (Fred Falke Remix) - Annie


Back of The Van (Fred Falke Ultimate Remix) - Ladyhawke

No comments: