Monday, February 01, 2010

Burning

Song: Burning
Artist: The Whitest Boy Alive
Album: Dreams






As it seems like a Monday I'd rather EASE into... I wanted to highlight The Whitest Boy Alive, who's debut album "Dreams" I've really been enjoying. The band is based in Berlin, the latest from Erland Oye of Kings of Convenience fame. The band started as a more electronic music project but has morphed into a more band oriented effort. I haven't heard their new album, "Rules" which came out last year yet, but have been really enjoying "Dreams" which is a dreamy mid-tempo affair.

I first came across the band when I heard the Fred Falke remix of the last song on the album "Golden Cage." It's a great remix, and while it did set me up thinking that the album would be more upbeat than it is, I still really like it. Erland's voice is really soothing and nice, and sets the tone for the album. Very good.

Terrible band name though. Eh?

Enjoy.

Burning


Golden Cage


Golden Cage (Fred Falke Remix)


No comments: