Friday, January 29, 2010

Ghosts 'n' Stuff

Song: Ghosts 'n' Stuff
Artist: Deadmau5
Album: For Lack of a Better Name





I had a few remixes from Deadmau5 (pronounced "Dead Mouse") but didn't know his own material. My cousin Evan gave me a copy of "For Lack of a Better Name," his album from last year, and I have subsequently listened to a handful of his other albums and compilations. I can get real tired of progressive house after a while, and listening to Deadmau5's other records the monotonous beats certainly set in. Small doses I suppose. BUT, I really really like "For Lack of.." quite a bit. It's a big sexy dance-a-thon that I have been really digging. It starts with "FML," which has a great build until it explodes in your face. It's followed by the excellent one-two punch of "Moar Ghosts 'n' Stuff" and "Ghosts 'n' Stuff" featuring Rob Swire... which are pretty epic.

The album is pretty short and sweet which I like. It's gets in, gets you to shake your ass, and is out. I really recommend it if you're into house... though if you are, you probably are well aware of Deadmau5.

Enjoy.

Ghosts 'n' Stuff

Moar Ghosts 'n' Stuff

Hi Friend!

No comments: