Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Simple As...

Song: Simple As...
Artist: Kid Cudi
Album: Man on the Moon: The End of the Day





I'm a little late to this party but I've been listening to Kid Cudi's debut, "Man on the Moon: The End of the Day" quite a lot. It's got an amazing vibe, a spacey, scary, kind of trip that really blossoms with repeated listens. I loved the single "Day 'n' Nite" when it first came out, and REALLY dug the much slower, not obvious for a single, ah... single "Pursuit of Happiness" which is an amazing amazing track. Again, a little scary... slow, very interesting for a hip-hop single.

Thanks to my friend Cicely, I discovered the amazing third track "Simple As..." which has a great build and a great beat. It's such a feel good song, an if-this-don't-make-your-booty-move-your-booty-must-be-dead situation. My only complaint is that it's too short, coming dead to a stop with some Common-esque spoken word that sets up the second part of the album. (It's broken up into five parts.) It works within the concept of the record... but I just wanna keep bopping out to that amazing beat and flow.

Enjoy.

Simple As...

Pursuit of Happiness

Day 'n' Nite

No comments: