Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Stellify


Song: Stellify
Artist: Ian Brown
Album: My Way





Ian Brown was the lead singer from Manchester's Stone Roses. I read an article recently about the band and how influential they were both in the "Madchester" scene in the late 80's and early 90's, and then beyond for more recent bands such as Oasis. I don't know much about the Roses aside from "Fools Gold," but have been listening to his recent solo record "My Way," that besides having a sort of awful cover, is actually very good.

"Stellify," a song he wrote for Rihanna (!?!?!) but kept for himself is the first single. He also claims that the album was written with MJ's "Thriller" in mind. I don't hear it... but the record is pretty good. Also really dig the song "Just Like You" which is driving and intense. Check it out.

Enjoy.

Stellify

Just Like You

Crowning of the Poor


No comments: