Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pussy


Song: Pussy
Artist: Lords of Acid
Album: Our Little Secret







As novelty acts go, Belgium's Lords of Acid certainly had a good run. Forming in the late 80's and propelled by single "I Sit on Acid," the Lords music was a fixture of the early 90's rave scene, and enjoyed popular singles like "I Must Increase My Bust" and "The Crablouse." Too dirty (and cheeky) to go mainstream, but I am sure that wasn't their goal... despite much of their music being very very catchy.

In college my friend Jennifer got "Our Little Secret" and my circle enjoyed dirty-funny tracks like "Rubber Doll," "Fingerlickin' Good," and "Spank My Booty." (They sure weren't your mother's Acid House.) But if there is one track that hits people the first time you hear it, it's the song they somehow made a single... by I suppose convincing everyone it was about cats. Hmmm. Your call. Britney may have had "If U Seek Amy," but the Lords made a career out of dirty wordplay.

Put this one on at your next party for a laugh.

Enjoy.

The Crablouse

I Must Increase My Bust

I Sit on Acid

No comments: