Thursday, March 05, 2009

The Tenure Itch


Song: The Tenure Itch
Artist: The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart
Album: The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart




The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart are currently experiencing the whip and whirl of blog-rage and now blog-lash, hyped enough to get people listening and now over-hyped by those that started the hype, or anyone with a Macbook in Brooklyn. A good friend recommended the band to me and I’ve enjoyed the record which to me is a mix of early R.E.M. jangle-pop, The Smiths, and well… My Bloody Valentine. (All that buzz!) I never understood the My Bloody Valentine thing (I was too late for that boat and when I finally caught it I wondered what the fuss was about.) but dig the first two and find the record to be a neat reminder of myself in late high school and college. Hey Madder Rose!

They might be the next Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, or the next Vampire Weekend, or yesterday’s news which they already are in some circles. I’ll wash my hands of it all and say that “The Tenure Itch” is a killer song, as is “A Teenager in Love.” Maybe it’s just shoegazer music for people who don’t know what shoegazer is. Or I’m just no longer hip and feeling it.

Enjoy.


Everything With You


A Teenager in Love

No comments: