Friday, March 06, 2009

Boom Boom Pow!


Song: Boom Boom Pow!
Artist: Black Eyed Peas
Album: The E.N.D.



I’ve never shied away from dumb pop music, and I suppose you would need to look no further than the Black Eyed Peas “My Humps” for the epitome of a dumb pop song. But I suppose that the Black Eyed Peas have somehow topped themselves in the dumb department with their new single “Boom Boom Pow,” which is the first of their upcoming new album “The E.N.D.” Now, I was, like many of you totally hooked on “My Humps.” I find no shame in enjoying a big dumb sing-a-long pop track every once in a while.

Though “My Humps” was actually ABOUT something (Uh… ass?) where “Boom Boom Pow…” I’m really not sure it’s about anything. It’s one of those random boastful tracks where the Peas basically tell everyone they’re awesome. Okay… cool. Personally my favorite line comes from Fergie; “I’m so three-thousand and eight, you’re so two-thousand and late.” It’s catchy for sure, sounds current… will probably be a huge hit. What do you think?

Enjoy.

No comments: