Friday, December 19, 2008

Be the One (Bimbo Jones Club Remix)


Song: Be the One (Bimbo Jones Club Remix)
Artist: The Ting Tings
Album: Be the One (single)




Depend on who you talk to, the Ting Tings released one of the best indie dance-rock records of the year, or the most annoying. I’ve found that opinions are pretty split on the group… but regardless, they did their part to make 2008 their own. I am of the mind that while I really liked a lot of the bands singles from this year, I thought their album, “We Started Nothing,” was just okay. But with three killer singles like “Great DJ,” “That’s Not My Name,” and “Shut Up and Let Me Go,” I certainly saw it as a win ultimately.

Recently the band released the more downbeat “Be the One” as a single. The album version is nice if unremarkable. I always thought it was okay… but not one I went back to. For the single they got the amazing Bimbo Jones, whom have done some of my favorite club remixes of the year, to mix it for the dancefloor. I think it breathes new life into the track, making it rather exciting.

Enjoy.

Be the One (Bimbo Jones Remix)


Great DJ

No comments: