Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Echo


Song: Echo
Artist: Cyndi Lauper
Album: Bring Ya to the Brink




Maybe it’s me… but I think this year has been a pretty low point for music releases. There hasn’t been that much that has grabbed me over the year as amazing or particularly noteworthy. At this time of year I am usually pouring through the year’s music and picking my favorite tracks and albums. I’m not feeling it this year… so it HAS to be me.

But I must say that when asked about my favorite records of the year, Cyndi Lauper’s “Bring Ya to the Brink” always sticks in my head. A real return to the dancefloor has given Ms. Lauper a kick in creativity, producing her best album in years. “Into the Nightlife” was my favorite track of the year, and it’s only one of many killer songs she wrote and recorded for the album. She worked with a who’s who of current electro-dance pop for the album, from Kleerup to Rich Morel to Dragonette.

The same team that co-wrote and produced “Into the Nightlife” also gave the album “Echo,” a bubbling mid-tempo electro number that features Cyndi’s amazing soaring vocals. Really good stuff. I highly recommend this album, you won’t be disappointed!

Enjoy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knew Cyndi would make a come back?! Wow, I LOVE this track.... thanks!!