Thursday, October 09, 2008

For Our Elegant Caste


Song: For Our Elegant Caste
Artist: Of Montreal
Album: Skeletal Lamping



Weird. SO weird… and yet there is something about Of Montreal, the Athens, Georgia based band that is endearing. They are set to release their ninth album, “Skeletal Lamping’ at the end of the month. I’ve never been a huge fan of the band, just a little too weird for me… and seeing the band live (taken by my two youngest cousins, WAY hipper than old me) didn’t really help.

But I may change my tune because I’m actually really digging the new album, the first of theirs I’ve listened to in its entirety. Lead Kevin Barnes, the main creative force of the band, is an eccentric indeed, from their live shows (filled with costumes) and the music itself… which I would describe as psychedelic dance pop. A real mix of all different kinds of instruments and beats. Actually, it’s hard to describe.

Weird just works best.

Enjoy.

Heimdalsgate Like A Promethean Curse


Requiem fro O.M.M.2

No comments: