Monday, May 12, 2008

Night Moves


Song: Night Moves
Artist: Bob Seger
Album: Night Moves



I am a far away from considering myself a Bob Seger fan, and to be honest… aside from “Old Time Rock & Roll,” don’t really know a lot of his work. And frankly, if I NEVER hear “Like a Rock” again, I won’t be missing anything. (Though those truck commercials have pretty much made that an impossibility.) But I feel that there might be things I’m missing not knowing a little Seger… and my first inclination was getting to know his tune “Night Moves,” from the 1976 album of the same name. I’m a big Springsteen fan, and think of all the American rockers that have come along he’s really the best at getting what being and living in America is really like… but “Night Moves,” is a really great track. A sexy moody tune about sexual awakening that rides a delicate line between nostalgia and truth.

It came up on random via my iPod on Friday night and just hit me. Check it out.

Enjoy.

Night Moves

No comments: