Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Since You've Been Gone


Song: Since You've Been Gone
Artist: Ted Leo
Album: Now That's What I Call Indie Covers! Vol. 1





Back when the Yeah Yeah Yeah’s were promoting their latest album “Show Your Bones,” lead singer Karen O mentioned Kelly Clarkson’s “Since You’ve Been Gone” and how it stole the hook from their MTV2 hit “Maps.” She was not overtly nasty or accusatory, just said simply, “that was surprising.”

I’ve never quite heard it myself when I compare the songs, but shortly after came Ted Leo’s acoustic take on “Since” which segways (quite nicely) into “Maps.” It’s really just another irony-laced pop cover by an indie semi-weirdo, but I dig it.

Take a listen to both “Maps” and “Since You’ve Been Gone” and tell me if you hear the similarities:

Maps



(This is not the original video, but man is it creepy!)

Since You’ve Been Gone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally I think more videos (and movies) should have a topless, blindfolded drummer using wooden spoons in the background. Adds meaning.

WTF?