Tuesday, November 04, 2014

At Night - Shakedown

Song: At Night
Artist: Shakedown
Album: You Think You Know




I've recently been getting into background-ish house music that sets a groovy mood for parties or even just a nice Saturday afternoon at home.  Recent albums from GusGus & Booka Shade got me into this a bit more and I've recently been going back and discovering great, some decades-old, records that fit this bill.  Mostly instrumental, though some do have vocals.  Think sexy background music.

Let me introduce you to some of this amazing stuff...

Shakedown were a Swiss musical project from brothers Stephan and Sebastian Kohler.  They only released two albums, their first and most notable You Think You Know was released in 2001.  It's best known for the track "At Night," which became a sizable dance hit in 2002.

I'll be building a playlist this week of music in this vein.  For you, Esta Groove...



Enjoy.

At Night
Drowsy With Hope

No comments: