Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Ba$$in - Yelle

Song: Ba$$in
Artist: Yelle
Album: Complètement fou




I was a big fan of Yelle's first album Pop Up, but didn't really connect with their follow-up Safari Disco Club.  In a surprise move, they've teamed up with American hitmaker Dr. Luke (Britney, Katy Perry, Ke$ha) who has produced their third album, Complètement fou with his team and has released it under his label, Kemosabe Records.

Everything feels a bit bigger on Complètement fou, the melodies are tight and the hooks strong.  I think it's a winner.  The title track is the first single, and I've flipped for the second track, "Ba$$in," with it's little "Okay!" shouting that reminds me of Cazwell's "Ice Cream Truck."

Since the track is in French, like the rest of the album, I really don't know what is being said here.  But thanks to Google Translate, I can!  Here's "Ba$$in":

I'd like to kiss the boy but I do not know how to tell him.
Teach me, teach me, teach me, teach me.
I love this boy dredge the last time I did it escape. 
Show me, show me, show me, show me.

[Chorus]
Okay!
Begins by making eyes at him. 
Begins by saying that he is cabbage. 
Then make circles with your pelvis, round basins with round basins with round basins with circles with your pelvis.

[Verse 2]
I'd like to dance with him like I was his date.
Teach me, teach me, teach me, teach me.
I'd like to gallop his heart when he sees me from behind. 
Show me, show me, show me, show me.

[Chorus]
Okay!
Begins by making eyes at him. 
Begins by saying that he is cabbage. 
Then make circles with your pelvis, round basins with round basins with round basins with circles with your pelvis.

[Bridge]
Make circles with your x24 basin the x32 round
The weekend in Rome j'fais round with my pelvis.
By eating my apple j'fais round with my pelvis.

When I see men j'fais round with my pelvis, my pelvis with round, round with my pelvis.

Glad that's cleared up.  I recommend this album though.  Good fun.



Enjoy.

Complètement fou
Bouquet Final

No comments: