Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Flatline

Song: Flatline
Artist: Mutya Keisha Siobhan
Album: Flatline




Not a new song, but English trio Mutya Keisha Siobhan are a re-formed original lineup of late 90s U.K. girl group Sugarbabes, who in 2006 were named the most successful female act of the 21st Century by British Hit Singles & Albums.  Like Girls Aloud, I know nothing about them.

Thanks to reader Sean, I gave this track a chance and it finally clicked with me. (months later) "Flatline" is an odd, punchy, R&B/indie-pop fusion that soars with the ladies harmonizing.  Great track.  There is a forthcoming full-length album on the way that doesn't yet have a title or release date.

Any Sugarbabes fans reading this?  Let me know where I should start if I wanted to go back and check them out.  I have to say that after loving Girls Aloud's Nicola Roberts debut album, and digging their reunited single "Something New," I didn't connect with anything off their greatest hits.  Just a bit too poppy.

"Flatline" deserves your time though.  Love the big drums outro.

Enjoy.

Flatline

No comments: