Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dancing On My Own (BBC Live Lounge)

Song: Dancing On My Own (BBC Live Lounge)
Artist: Kings of Leon
Album: Dancin On My Own




Kings of Leon are gearing up to release their sixth album Mechanical Bull next week and in conjunction with the promo for the album, they dropped by the BBC's Radio 1 Live Lounge for a performance.

In keeping with the Live Lounge tradition they covered a pop song in their style, this time... Swedish electro-pop princess Robyn's modern classic "Dancing On My Own."  They turn the dancefloor heartache into a slow-burn rock number.  The results are breathtaking... sexy, chill, and still heartbreaking.  Singer Caleb Followill keeps all the pronouns faithful, turning lyrics like "I'm in the corner watching you kiss her," and "I'm not the girl you're taking home" on their head.  S - E - X - X - Y.

Check out the band's new singles below, but also check out this and this.  Two other recent discoveries.

Enjoy.

Dancing On My Own
Supersoaker
Wait for Me

No comments: