Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Yeah Yeah

Song: Yeah Yeah
Artist: Willy Moon
Album: Here's Willy Moon




Yes.

I'm not sure if I even love this, but this is just the kind of shot-in-the-arm that pop music needs right now.  Nothing new, but very different... interesting.

Willy Moon is a twenty-three year old New Zealand native whom moved to London when he was eighteen.  He recorded the single "I Wanna Be Your Man" in 2010 (found on Here's Willy Moon) and uploaded it to MySpace, which lead to his signing at Island Records.

Moon's music is an eclectic mix of 50s-style rockabilly, a bit of Big Band, hip-hop, electronic-dance, dirge-ish gritty rock... it's all over the place, but in the best way.  The album is quite a journey, worth checking out.

"Yeah Yeah," the lead single from the album appeared prominently in an Apple iPod ad from last year. In those tearms, I hear a little of Caesars' iPod ad hit "Jerk it Out" here, but that's only a fraction of his sound, as you'll hear "Yeah Yeah" also employ many hip-hop elements.

Also check out new single "My Girl" which sounds like five songs I know that can't seem to name.  This guy is all over the place.

Enjoy.



Don't forget about the Tumblr...

Yeah Yeah
My Girl
Get Up (What You Need)

No comments: