Friday, March 29, 2013

Slyd

Song: Slyd
Artist: !!!
Album: THR!!!ER




Promo Fail 2010...

Days ago I was pleasantly surprised to have a new !!! song come out of nowhere.  Saw it on Tumblr, it was noted that they'd been on a hiatus for a while, I remembered Myth Takes fondly, and couldn't believe I hadn't heard any new !!! since 2007!

Well maybe me, but as I do more research this AM I realize... they had another album come out in 2010.  What?  How do you follow new music pretty closely and completely miss a new album from such a great band.  Embarrassing.  And yet it seems to be happening to me more and more... am I slipping or is it an inevitable result from the ubiquitous and all-consuming sea that is internet news?

Well, while I get to discover Strange Weather, Isn't It?, I'm also really enjoying new single "Slyd" from the cleverly named upcoming THR!!!ER, which is set for release at the end of April.

!!! (pronounced, and sometimes written as, Chk Chk Chk) are an experimental dance-punk act from California.  Really worth checking out if you don't know them... give "Slyd" a listen and see...

"Slyd" is an experimental, cluttered, throbbing, beast of a song that sounds great with headphones.  Quite beat heavy... it's really a mind blower.

Get your weekend off on a trippy, pounding note.

Enjoy.

Slyd

No comments: