Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Descent

Song: The Descent
Artist: Bob Mould
Album: Silver Age




Like a shot in the arm, from the past... Bob Mould's new album has transported me back to High School, when I discovered his band Sugar in the "Alternative" rock heyday of the 1990's.

I've been following Bob's foray into dance music over the last couple years via Blowoff, his album collab with DJ Rich Morel, and then roving hefty-homo burly dance party of the same name.  His solo work has only grabbed me here and there, but I was interested in hearing he was playing his 90's band Sugar's debut album "Copper Blue" in its entirety on tour.

It all makes sense as his latest, "Silver Age" sounds just like a new Sugar album... and it rocks.

Check out "The Decent" below... it just crackles.  If you were a Sugar fan back in the day, you have to listen to this.  Great record.

Enjoy.

The Decent
Star Machine
Steam of Hercules

No comments: