Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Shake 'Em Loose Tonight

Song: Shake 'Em Loose Tonight
Artist: Rumspringa
Album: Rumspringa EP




My friend Jack introduced me to this song a little over a week ago and I've been pretty obsessed with it.  A psychedelic folk track that immediately reminded me of Devendra Banhart a bit.  It's woozy and groovy and sounds classic yet current.  I don't really know what he's talking about... something familial, but that lends to its mystery.  I really love it.

I don't know much about the band though... aside from them being a trio from Los Angeles that formed in 2006.  "Shake 'Em" is taken from their self-named debut EP from 2008.  They've since released another two EP's and a full length album, "Sway" from 2010.  I'm going to have to look these up as this track is the only thing I've heard.

But this was too good not to share.

Enjoy.

Shake 'Em Loose Tonight
Mind's Awake
Tryptych

No comments: