Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tomorrow

Song: Tomorrow
Artist: The Cranberries
Album: Roses






Wow, The Cranberries are back with their first album since 2001's "Wake Up and Smell the Coffee." (11 years!)

I used to be a pretty big fan of this band... at least initially.  I even gave a good listen to lead singer Delores O'Riordan debut solo album... but didn't even realize she'd done a second.  But the band reformed and now have a new record.

"Roses" harkens back to the pretty and polished feel of their sophomore album, "No Need to Argue," vs. the more aggressive rock of their subsequent albums.  It's a little too early in my listening to hear if it comes close to "Argue," but it doesn't seem to contain the same strong sense of melody.

It's still a kick to hear O'Riordan's voice again, which takes me right back... and does sound fantastic.  Take a listen to current single "Tomorrow," it's rather nice.

Enjoy.

Tomorrow
Show Me the Way
Raining in My Heart

No comments: