Thursday, October 06, 2011

Do I Look Like a Slut?

Song: Do I Look Like a Slut?
Artist: Avenue D
Album: Do I Like Like a Slut? (single)






Avenue D were a New York-via-Miami based electroclash band formed from Larry Tee proteges Debbie and Daphne D.  I first heard of them from the Cazwell song "The Sex That I Need," which was late into their brief career.  But my friend John told me I just had to hear their single "So I Look Like a Slut?" and man... is it a winner.

Avenue D's music is an energetic mix of rap, electro, and new wave.  "Slut?" is musically pretty simplistic, more about the attitude and spoken-word musings of the two lead ladies.  (and lots of dirty jokes) It's often very very funny, and always dirty.  Hysterical.  They remind me a little of FannyPack, who happened to fold during the same year. (2007.)

Play this at a party.  Real late.

Enjoy.

Do I Look Like a Slut?
2D2F
Sex That I Need - Cazwell w/Avenue D

No comments: