Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Civilization

Song: Civilization
Artist: Justice
Album: Civilization







French electronic duo Justice burst onto the scene in 2007 with their debut album "."  They had a hit with their third single "D.A.N.C.E.," which I fell in love with, but couldn't get into the rest of the album, despite the world falling in love with them as the second coming of Daft Punk.  They are prepping their still untitled sophomore album for sometime this year, but have released the first single, "Civilization."

I suppose my confusion over Justice, was that "D.A.N.C.E." was sort of a sunny single, compared with the pummeling beats of the rest of the album, it didn't seem to represent what they were actually like.  I immediately liked "Civilization" though, and while catchy, it does seem more in line with their other work on "."  Regardless, I think I need to take another listen to that debut.

The band have quite a lot to live up to with their sophomore album based on the splash they made from their debut, which made them instant scenesters.  "Civilization" certainly has me interested.... what do you think?

Enjoy.

Civilization

No comments: