Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Satellite

Song: Satellite
Artist: The Kills
Album: Blood Pressures





The Kills are an indie rock band comprised of American singer Alison Mosshart and British guitarist Jamie Hince.  They have been around since 2000 and are set to release their fourth album "Blood Pressures" in April.

I am only familiar with the bands last release, 2008's "Midnight Boom," a noisy piece of art rock that used minor touches of electronics and a lot of attitude.  (Think Yeah, Yeah, Yeah's)  I liked that record quite a bit, and the bands kitchen sink style of producing.  Messy, cluttered, and brash... yet gets under your skin.

I really liked singles "Cheap and Cheerful," "Last Day of Magic," and "Tape Song" from that last record.  You might know of their song "Sour Cherry," which garnered some attention for appearing in "Gossip Girl."

In prepping for the release of "Blood Pressures," the band have released the song "Satellite" as the first single.  It's been a bit of a slow grower for me, but as I've been listening to it over the past two weeks it has again... got under my skin.  It's a chugging, almost dirge-like rocker, with crunchy guitar, woozy vocals, and atmospheric chanting.

The track has got me excited for the new record, and re-listening to "Midnight Boom" as I write this makes me realize how much I dug that record... I think it'll get a couple spins today.

Enjoy!

Satellite


Tape Song


Last Day of Magic

No comments: