Wednesday, May 19, 2010

All The Lovers

Song: All the Lovers
Artist: Kylie Minogue
Album: Aphrodite






Wow, I guess it's turning into first-single week on some big albums of the summer.

Like the Scissor Sisters new album, Kylie Minogue's 11th album, "Aphrodite," is being produced by Stuart Price, and the first single is the Kish Mauve-written ("2 Hearts") "All The Lovers." The song was reportedly a late addition to the album, but quickly rose to first single status. It's a lush, beautiful dance song that is all Kylie. It reminds me a lot of "I Believe in You," one of my favorite Kylie songs ever. It has a slow build, and by end you imagine her spinning around repeatedly in bliss. (haha)

I had a bit of a hard time with "X," her last, and very attention-grabbing last album. It had a bunch of great songs on it, but it felt very disjointed... very much like she worked with just about everybody to get a great batch of songs, with the result being a bit of a mess. I got to see Kylie on her American tour and hearing the "X" songs live and in different versions did make me realize how good the songs were, I suppose it best feels like a greatest hits record... a bunch of singles.

Most artist would of course kill for something to that effect, but Kylie's prior albums felt more like "albums" to me. I'm very excited about "Aphrodite," as I hope that the album as a whole veers toward this "adult-dance" vibe that made "I Believe in You" so amazing, and continues with "All The Lovers." It seems time for her to make that album... she can get more hard-edged with the remixes. Right?

Enjoy.

All The Lovers


Album Preview


All The Lovers (Electrik Authority Remix)

No comments: