Wednesday, March 03, 2010

I Can Talk

Song: I Can Talk
Artist: Two Door Cinema Club
Album: Tourist History





Here's a new young Irish band signed to Kitsune who are just releasing their new record overseas this week. Mixed by the guy that did Phoenix's "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix," it's a short and sweet, punchy and catchy, pop-rock record that employs a bit of electro to round out it's young and brash sound. I hear a little of The Editors, a little Postal Service, and a lot of youthful energy. The songs become a bit same-sounding, but at just over thirty minutes, the album get s in and gets out before over-staying it's welcome.

Stand-outs include the singles "I Can Talk" and the breezy "Something Good Can Work." And I do love the guitar sound in "Undercover Martyn."

When it comes do punchy disco-rick, their no Bloc Party or Franz Ferdinand, but this is a pretty good record, so if that's your bag you should certainly check them out.

Enjoy.

I Can Talk


Undercover Martyn


Something Good Can Work



No comments: