Friday, November 13, 2009

Pussy

Song: Pussy
Artist: Brazilian Girls
Album: Brazilian Girls







Brazilian Girls are not Brazilian... and only one of them is a girl.

It's a gray and cold day in New York City, and with the onset of Winter sweeping in, I am suddenly feeling the need to transport myself elsewhere. Somewhere tropical. Maybe it's an open-air bar on the edge of some beautiful exotic beach, torches of fire creating the only light beyond the moon, which casts it's strong image onto the water out in the distance. It's a scene comprised of locals and tourists from across the globe, and while there is music heard, its origin is unclear. A song begins, and when the "chorus" starts, it's greeted with smiles, a couple laughs, but everyone begins to move...

I wasn't a fan of Brazilian Girls last album, "New York City" which was released last year. I had liked their sophomore album very much, but the indifference to their third didn't make me track down their debut. Which is a pity, as now that I've heard it, I think I like it more than 2006's "Talk to La Bomb." Their self-titled debut from 2005 is a cultural collision, like the city that birthed them (NYC.) Trip-hop, acid jazz, samba; it's an anything-goes soup of influences that create a perfect mood of a multi-cultural meeting of the minds.

Of course the standout is "Pussy," which has a chorus that you just can't deny. Thanks to Cicely for turning me onto this album.

Happy Friday.

Enjoy.

Pussy

Pussy (Arms of Gandhi Remix)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you ever get a chance to see then live it's a fun show - the lead singer loves her outrageous outfits!