Friday, October 30, 2009

Mowgli's Road


Song: Mowgli's Road
Artist: Marina and the Diamonds
Album: Family Jewels

Reader Request





Marina and the Diamonds is Welch born, London based, singer-songwriter Marina Diamandis. A mix of Regina Spektor, Fiona Apple, and... well there is another voice in there and I just can't place it. She's got the edge of early Tori Amos, and the show of Siouxsie & The Banshees. The Crown Jewels EP was released in June and included single "I Am Not a Robot" as well as the excellent "Seventeen." I'm really digging the songs I've heard thus far and am looking forward to her full length, "Family Jewels" which will come out early next year. From the sounds of these few songs, I think it might be one of the more talked about debut's of 2010. We'll see.

New single "Mowgli's Road" is coming out next month. Russ Chimes does a killer remix, reminding me of Tori's techno remix period. Check out her video's below... very interesting.

Thank you to my friend Melanie for introducing me.

Enjoy.

Mowgli's Road

I Am Not a Robot

Obsessions






No comments: