Wednesday, February 04, 2009

In Love


Song: In Love
Artist: Lovers Electric
Album: Whatever You Want




Lovers Electric are a alternative synth-pop band from Australia. I randomly came across their album, “Whatever You Want” and have been really enjoying it. Apparently their song “Closer” was used on MTV’s “The Hills” which garnered them a bit of exposure. I find them a mix of 90’s female alt-rock bands like Belly and The Sundays with a touch of romantic angst and current electro sensibilities. (If that means anything.) The duo is made up of husband and wife team David Turley and Eden Boucher, whom formed the band in London.

The whole record has a throw-back vibe to me… sort of like instant 90’s nostalgia. But the songs are catchy, and I really like Eden’s voice. “In Love,” my favorite track on the album, has a killer super-catchy chorus with soaring vocals and a punchy rhythm.

Enjoy.

Could This Be


You Got it


Honey

No comments: