Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Illusions


Song: Illusions
Artist: Heloise and the Savoir Faire
Album: Trash, Rats, & Microphones



So my good friend Brian just introduced me to this new fun Brooklyn based band. Heloise Williams, the leader of the band and former Peaches bodyguard/driver (seriously) formed the band, Heloise and the Savoir Faire in 2004. Their debut, “Trash, Rats, & Microphones was released in April of this year.

This CD has either been a bit under the radar or I’m not paying enough attention… but are they just another hipster elctro outfit from Brooklyn? Yes… and no. Well yes they are… composing fun bouncy elctro-rock tunes that will fit perfectly for your next Williamsburg roof-top party, but they’re also pretty good. A bit more Scissor Sisters/Franz Ferdinand than say, Hercules & Love Affair… but only after two listens do I realize this one could make it to my “liking this! Smart playlist on my iPod. Actually, I think the perfect comparison is really a latter-day B-52’s. This is a party record in which everyone there is interesting, arty, and a bit kooky.

I’m still getting into the record but track number one “Illusions” really sets the stage, telling you “you should be dancing all night.” Catchy choruses seem to be a trademark of the songwriting… give it a chance, I think you’ll be dancing this mess around.

Enjoy

Here is the band performing on Graham Norton

No comments: