Monday, April 23, 2007

What Light


Song: What Light
Artist: Wilco
Album: Sky Blue Sky



Wilco have been critical darlings for years now, finding their peak with “Yankee Hotel Foxtrot” a troubled project that ended up being the bands biggest critical and commercial success. I preferred the album that came before, “Summer Teeth” which was released in 1999. Their follow up to “Foxtrot,” the downbeat “A Ghost is Born” lost me, losing any of the joy and fun that could be found on the early records. Though… it did win a Grammy for best Alternative Album, and best Packaging.

May 15th will see the release of their latest, “Sky Blue Sky.” Upon first listen is sounds much like “A Ghost is Born” to me, though the song “What Light” has really stood out for me, a little bit country, a little bit folk, it’s a great song and one of my current favorites.

Enjoy.

No comments: