Friday, April 13, 2007

Song 4 Mutya (Out of Control)


Song: Song 4 Mutya (Out of Control)
Artist: Groove Armada
Album: Soundboy Rock




Like any true self marketer, Groove Armada are calling their latest album “Soundboy Rock” which will be released on May 7th as “their best.” Well good!

You probably know Groove Armada best as the guys that brought us “I See You Baby” which featured the memorable chorus “I see you baby… shakin’ that ass” which became an international hit after Fatboy Slim remixed the track in his big beat sound. I was a big fan of their diverse 2002 album “Lovebox” which featured some great deep house and disco tracks. Like Basement Jaxx, the duo in Groove Armada like to try many things and work with a variety of vocalists and styles. “Easy,” from “Lovebox” went to number 5 on the US dance charts and had a way cool disco-for-the-future vibe. It was one of my favorite songs from that record and despite the chart position, I never heard it anywhere.

“Soundboy Rock” seems to continue in the vein of “Lovebox” showcasing a wide range of vocalists and styles. “Get Down” is the first single, but the song I immediately grabbed onto was the unfortunately titled “Song 4 Mutya (Out of Control)” which recalls, (and name-checks) Prince. It’s a really hot song and one that will get you rocking into your weekend.

After an initial listen I think “Soundboy” is going to be a great record, and one that may stand up along with “Lovebox.” We’ll see… I’ll keep you posted.

Enjoy.

The video for first single “Get Down”


To hear “Easy”

No comments: