Friday, December 19, 2014

Best of 2014 - I Try to Talk to You (feat. John Grant) - Hercules & Love Affair

Best of 2014


Song: I Try to Talk to You (feat. John Grant)
Artist: Hercules & Love Affair
Album: The Feast of the Broken Heart




Another semi-disappointment of an album, filled with a couple great tracks (including first single "Do You Feel the Same?", "Liberty") and one stellar, best of the year shit...

"I Try to Talk to You," featuring the sexy croon of John Grant mixed with a persistent House beat and some beautifully grand piano tickling... it's gorgeous.  A seeming tale of lost love and the frustrations that come when you know the outcome wasn't necessary, further delving reveals a much more inward song, one that Grant has said is about him being diagnosed with HIV.  It packs quite an emotional punch.

I've always liked Hercules & Love Affair, DJ Andy Butler's rotating cast of singers and musicians which have switched up on every album.  The Feast of the Broken Heart is probably the least effective of his three releases for me, but it's certainly worth a listen.  It's great party music.

But "I Try to Talk to You" is the one, and one of my favorite songs of the year.



Enjoy.

I Try to Talk to You (feat. John Grant)
Do You Feel the Same? (feat. Gustaph)
Liberty (feat. John Grant)

No comments: