Friday, February 10, 2012

Video Games

Song: Video Games
Artist: The Young Professionals
Album: Video Games






I've been more than a little amused by all the hoopla surrounding the release of Lana Del Rey's debut album, the SNL performance, the twitter wars, everything.  And for further proof that no publicity is bad publicity, "Born to Die" had a #2 Billboard entry.  Crazy.

I have actually been enjoying the record, and recently discovered this amazing cover of her debut song, "Video Games" by a young Tel-Aviv-based duo The Young Professionals (a.k.a. "T.Y.P.")  They turn the woozy ballad into an electro-emo stomper that is crazy infectious and fun.  I've had it on repeat all week.

I wasn't familiar with the band, but they've just released their debut album late last year entitled "9-00 To 17-00, 17-00 To Whenever."  Yeah, terrible title... but I just listened to their single "D.I.S.C.O." and totally loved it... this band might be more than a one-trick pony.  I got the album and I'll report back if it's worth your time.

But in the meantime... happy Friday and enjoy this great cover of a song you might hate, or you might love.  Regardless, I think I'll let the Lana Del Rey thing go for now.

Your welcome.

Enjoy.

Video Games
D.I.S.C.O.
20 Seconds

No comments: