Monday, December 19, 2011

Shake

Song: Shake
Artist: Little Boots
Album: Shake





I really loved UK electropop artist's Little Boots debut album "Hands" from 2009, and loved her first single "New in Town" more than most songs from that year.  It was by far the best track on the album, but it was a solid debut, and I've been wondering what new material might sound like.

It's been announced that Little Boots is releasing a new album coming next year, and is going to embark on an International DJ tour to promote the album.  She's released a mixtape called "Shake Until Your Heart Breaks" which includes one new track, "Shake," which has been released digitally.  It's not getting the first single treatment, so it's really just being used as promo to get a little interest together.  And I'll be honest... it certainly didn't grab me at first listen, but as I've had a little more time to have it, it's grown on me.

"Shake" sounds very 90's to me in the best way.  It's rather long and seems designed more for DJ sets than the singles chart, but regardless, it's got its own charms.

Enjoy.

Shake
New in Town
Remedy

No comments: