Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Illumination

Song: Illumination
Artist: Lindsey Buckingham
Album: Seeds We Sow







Thanks to my parents, I've been a Fleetwood Mac fan since I can remember.  And as my love of music really took hold, and I further explored some of the music that they introduced me to, I found myself loving the sprawling "Tusk" over the certainly great, but more concise and pop-minded "Rumours."  Often when I mention my love for "Tusk" to other music fans, I get a "Ugh, too much Lindsey Buckingham."  Oh well... I guess I'm a fan.

"Seeds We Sow" is the man's sixth solo record, coming after the pretty excellent "Gift of Screws"from 2008.  It features his trademark insane guitar work, over-dubed vocals, and all around Lindsey Buckingham-ness. Basically, if you're not a fan, don't bother with "Seeds."  First single and opening title-track gives the album it's moody start, though things really kick in with the more upbeat "In Our Own Time" and "Illuminations," which were early album favorites for me.  I also love the anthemic-for-acoustic "That's the Way Love Goes."  It amazes me how alive and immediate the man can make acoustic music feel.

This is the first album Buckingham has self-released, the only evidence of this I can see is the awful cheap looking cover art.  Oh well... the music is good anyhow.

Enjoy.

Illumination
In Our Own Time
That's the Way Love Goes

No comments: