Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Light of Love


Song: Light of Love
Artist: Music Go Music
Album: Expressions




Here is an odd little album I got a couple of weeks ago and have been playing it off and on since then until it's sometimes goofy, sometimes melodrama, won me over. Music Go Music is a northern California band that I can only describe as 70's female singer-songwriter meets Meatloaf, with a mix of 60's girl group and Donna Summer-esque disco, plus a touch of funk. It's sort of crazy... but after a bit of time, I've really got to dig it. Check out their MySpace page to listen to some more. And you can also download the album's epic length "Warm in the Shadows" for free here.

They are currently opening for Franz Ferdinand on their tour. Not sure I see the connection their but man, that would be show. Check this band out, they've got something special going on.

Enjoy.

Light of Love

Warm in the Shadows

Just Me - Live on Face Time

No comments: